Finn and the Candy Spin Overview
Back in 2017 NetEnt released a game called Finn and the Swirly Spin. After this it received a sequel with Finn’s Golden Tavern and now another title is added with Finn and the Candy Spin.
Of course as the name suggests, it’s all themed around candy and a candy world. With very colorful candy symbols and also packed with random features and free spins bonuses.
As with the other games, the screen fills up with a total of 25 symbols into a spiral. You have a winning combination when three or more of the same symbols appear on a horizontal or vertical line. Winning symbols will be removed from play and new symbols will spiral onto the screen.
The bottom left most symbol, the end of the spiral, will always feature a key. This key will spin further into the middle, each time a win occurs. When the key reaches the middle of the spiral the free spins feature is triggered, which I will explain later.
Finn and the Candy Spin comes with a very low maximum payout of only 336 times your bet and is a low to medium volatile slot game.
Finn and the Candy Spin Features
When a winning combination without a wild symbol is removed, a wild star is left in one of the spots. When a winning combination appears with one or more wilds, the wild symbols will explode and destroy all vertical and horizontal adjacent symbols.
During any base game spin one of the following random features can appear.
- Sugar Rush – Between 2 and 5 random wilds are added to the game. If there is no winning combination, wilds keep being added until there is.
- Yeti Destroy – Up to 9 random symbols are removed from the game, causing a reaction which will create at least 1 win.
- Candy Luck – All symbols one 1 row or reel that doesn’t have the key symbol will be transformed into one and the same symbol.
- Pop Transform – All low paying symbols are changed into high paying symbols.
Free Spins Features
When the key reaches the centre of the spiral you will trigger the free spins feature.
Each key reaching the centre will also be remembered, up to 999 keys can be collected. If you reached 1, 4, 9 or 16 keys, more free spins options open up. So the first time you are only able to claim the first bonus, but if you triggered the free spins at least 16 times, you can pick between all 4 features.
- Wild Sugar Hub – 7 free spins with the Sugar Rush feature activating on each spin.
- Ice-Cream Palace – 3 free spins with the Yeti Destroy feature activating once per spin when there are no more winning combinations. Also a sticky wild is placed in the bottom left position, where you would normally see the key, which will not be destroyed by the Yeti Destroy feature or any stars exploding.
- Cotton Candy Lab – 4 free spins with the Candy Luck feature activating on each spin.
- Gumball Factory – 2 free spins with the Pop Transform feature active during all spins.
For 50 times bet you are able to buy the free spins feature at some online casinos.
NetEnt is pretty much continuing where they left off. This latest version isn’t that different from the original. With some other bonuses and a different theme.
But the main mechanisms stay the same.
It’s a very cute game. But it does seem that NetEnt created this game for a specific type of players. Low volatile players that don’t care much about maximum payout. Because that maximum payout is extremely low. It might be the lowest I have seen ever to be honest.
For me the maximum payout is too low, that’s why I personally will skip this game.
But it does look great and it’s a unique way to play a game. Check out Finn and the Candy Spin at any trusted NetEnt casino. Or play the demo below.