Aztec Blaze Overview
Pragmatic Play has released another new slot game this week, as they do every week.
This time it’s time to go to the Aztec jungle with a very colorful game called Aztec Blaze.
You will find 6 reels that are each 4 symbols high and the game uses 25 lines.
The game features all sorts of colorful idols, together with standard card symbols, wild symbols and a Aztec temple symbol on reels 1 and 5.
This game revolves around respins and in both the base game and during free spins, you want to get respin after respin to get the best effect and the highest wins.
Aztec Blaze comes with a pretty low maximum payout of only 2.000 times your bet. Which is a shame. And it seems the game could do a lot more.
Aztec Blaze Features
Colossal Symbols Respins
During the base game, when you get a winning combination, the game triggers a respin with several levels. You start at the first level and each time you hit another winning combination you move to the next level for the next respin. In total there are 6 levels.
- Level 1 – Colossal symbols of 2×2 in size randomly stop on reels 2, 3, 4 and/or 5
- Level 2 – Colossal symbols of 3×3 in size randomly stop on reels 2, 3, 4 and/or 5
- Level 3 – Colossal symbols of 4×4 in size randomly stop on reels 2, 3, 4 and/or 5. And all wins have a multiplier of x2
- Level 4 – Colossal symbols of 4×4 in size randomly stop on reels 2, 3, 4 and/or 5. And all wins have a multiplier of x3
- Level 5 – Colossal symbols of 4×4 in size randomly stop on reels 2, 3, 4 and/or 5. And all wins have a multiplier of x5
- Level 6 – Colossal symbols of 4×4 in size randomly stop on reels 2, 3, 4 and/or 5. And all wins have a multiplier of x10
Once you reached the final level, level 6, you will stay on that level. Respins are reset when no new winning combination appears during a respin.
Free Spins Feature
Get both Aztec temple symbols on reels 1 and 6 at the same time to start the free spins feature.
You will start with 5 lives. And free spins will keep going until you lost all lives. You will lose a live when you get a non winning spin.
The Colossal Symbols Respins are also still active, but levels don’t reset between free spins.
If you get both Aztec temples during free spins you are awarded with 5 more extra lives.
You can activate the Ante Bet during normal play for 60% of your initial bet. This will award 6 lives instead of 5 when you trigger free spins. I personally don’t think it’s worth it.
Some casinos will offer the option to buy the free spins feature for 60 times your bet.
I have to say, I really enjoyed this game.
The game looks nice. I always love an Aztec, Mayan or Incan theme. It’s very colorful and clear.
I also like the fact that each win triggers a respin and can repeat over and over with more and more interesting features. And especially during free spins when these extras don’t reset.
There is one thing I don’t like and that’s the maximum payout of only 2.000 times bet. Why they gave this game such a low pay, when most of their games come with the standard 5.000 times bet, I have no idea.
But for some players, the maximum payout of 2.000 times bet sounds just fine. And to be honest, who gets those maximum wins anyways?