If you think about slot games that use grids, you probably think about Play’n Go first. And for a good reason. They are definitely the king of grid slot games.
Now they have added another one to their collection, Legend of the Ice Dragon.
Legend of the Ice Dragon uses a grid of 7 by 7 symbols. It features standard card symbols and different mythic symbols and objects.
The game uses cluster pays. Any combination of 5 or more of the same symbols horizontally or vertically count as a winning combination. Also the game comes with collapsing reels. Winning symbols are removed and new symbols fall on top for the option of another win.
Legend of the Ice Dragon comes with three different random bonuses that might appear on any non winning spin.
- Hailstorm – 3 different random symbols are picked and all these symbols and up to 5 adjacent symbols are destroyed or turn wild. A maximum of 9 wild symbols might appear
- Avalanche – All of 2 different types of symbols are destroyed and up to 7 wild symbols will be left in their place
- Blizzard – 7 symbols on the grid are picked and most of them are destroyed, some of them become wild
Every wild symbols that appears will give a frame over the spot. If new wild symbols cover the same spots it will get a multiplier of up to x8. These frames will all turn wild when you reach the last level of the Ice Crystal Feature.
Ice Crystal Charger
On the left of the grid is the Ice Crystal Charger which will be filled with all winning symbols during a spin. Reaching certain levels within the same bought spin will trigger different features. The levels are 20, 40, 60 and 80 symbols collected.
Ice Crystal Features
- Tail Lash – will turn all high paying symbols into one and the same high paying symbol
- Ice Scorch – will turn between 3 and 6 random symbols into wild symbols
- Destruction – will remove all low paying symbols from the grid
- Dragon Blast – will turn all symbols with an Ice Frame into wild symbols (if you overcharge, every 10th extra symbol will add 2 more wild frames)
Legend of the Ice Dragon has a lot of similarities with Wild Frames, another Play’n Go slot game. There are some small differences, but they really don’t stick out and when playing the game, it really feels like the same game with another theme.
Which isn’t a bad thing, I loved Wild Frames and now you have another theme, which might appeal to other players.
The main goal is still reaching that last level, where all frames become wild. The one difference is the fact that Wild Frames can have maximum x9 wilds and Legend of the Ice Dragon a maximum of x8 wilds. But to be honest, you don’t see those high multipliers often.