Razor Returns Overview
Two of the most famous slots from Push Gaming are probably Jammin’ Jars and Razor Shark. The first one already received a sequel, but now that second one, probably the most popular one, is also getting one and is called Razor Returns.
As the name might imply, the game uses a shark theme. But where the first game used realistic sharks, this second one makes them into iron ones, like robots, or maybe steampunk? Well, whatever it is, it looks very cool.
The game uses 5 reels that are each 5 symbols high and uses 40 lines.
Besides low paying sunken stuff like an anchor, compass and steel pipe, you will also find high paying shark symbols. These symbols can all appear stacked on all reels.
But the seaweed is also still present. This is a mystery or reveal symbol and can also appear stacked on all reels. And finally there are torpedos, that don’t appear stacked and count as the bonus symbols to trigger the free spins bonus.
Razor Returns comes with a massive maximum payout of 100.000 times your bet. And is a high volatile slot game.
Razor Returns Features
Mystery Symbols – Nudge & Reveal
Mystery symbols, which is the seaweed, can land on all reels in both the base game and during free spins. These are always stacked 5 symbols high. When one or more of these mystery symbols land the Nudge & Reveal bonus is triggered.
All mystery symbols will reveal the same symbol. This can be any normal pay symbol, wild symbols or Golden Shark symbols.
After the reveal you will be paid you winnings and/or trigger the Razor Reveal feature when Golden Sharks are revealed. On the next spin all mystery symbols nudge down one symbol and will reveal again. This will keep happening until no more reveal symbols are on the screen.
Razor Reveal Feature
When Golden Shark symbols are revealed you will trigger the Razor Reveal feature. Each Golden Shark will individually spin to reveal an Instant prize, Multiplier, Collector, Converter, Nudge Up or a Torpedo symbol. These symbols will award:
- Instant Prize – reveal a multiplier of between x1 and x5000, which will be applied to your total bet.
- Multiplier – reveal a multiplier of x2, x3, x5 or x10, all Instant prize and Collector symbols on screen will be multiplied with this symbol.
- Collector – this symbol will collect all values of all Instant Prize symbols on screen. All Instant Prizes are removed from the reels after being collected. The empty positions spin again.
- Converter – this symbol spin through paying symbols that are on the reels. When one of the the paying symbols lands, all paying symbols of the same type are converted into Golden Shark symbols, and the Razor Reveal feature will continue. When the feature ends, all converted symbols are converted back to their original type.
- Nudge Up – these symbols can only appear during Free Spins. Each of these symbols will move up all stacked mystery symbols one spot.
Shark Bonus (Free Spins Feature)
3 or more Torpedo symbols appearing during a base spin or during the Razor Reveal feature will award the Shark Bonus.
3, 4 or 5 will start the free spins with a x1, x5 and x25 starting multiplier respectively.
You have the option to gamble this starting multiplier to a higher one, but if you lose you will lose all free spins and return back to the base game.
Free spins start with reels 2 and 4 completely filled with mystery symbols. These will nudge down one spot after each spin and each nudge will increase the multiplier by x1.
New Mystery symbols can still appear and free spins continue until no more Mystery symbols appear on the reels.
Razor Returns comes with 5 different Bonus Buy options:
- 3 Torpedo trigger – 106 times bet
- 4 Torpedo trigger – 186 times bet
- 5 Torpedo trigger – 550 times bet
- Random Torpedos – 200 times bet (awards at least 2 torpedos)
- Razor Reveal – 500 times bet (will award a full screen of Golden Sharks, but will now award nudges)
Wow! Just Wow!
Did they push (no pun intended) this sequel to the max.
The game looks just as amazing as the original and even keeps the same symbols, just with a steel/steampunk look. Which works very well.
But they have added enough cool new features to make it maybe even better. The special symbols that can now appear during Razor Reveal. But also the fact that more scatters will now give a higher starting multiplier.
The option to buy all different bonuses is also something a lot of players will love.
And last, the original Razor Shark had a maximum payout of 50.000 times bet, which was already huge. But this one can even go up to 100.000 times bet, which is even more massive.